Somehow or other got inspired to write about what I’ve been watching on TV recently. And in some cases, how I’ve been watching. It can be summarized thusly:
- Catching up with television on DVD: Battlestar Galactica
- Catching up with television on the Internet: Viral videos (Fey as Palin on SNL, Letterman on McCain, Prop 8 musical, etc.)
- Keeping up with late-night television by PVR: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Canadian political satire: 22 Minutes, Rick Mercer, Air Farce
- Canadian dramas you don’t have to grade on a curve: Flashpoint and JPod
- Best low-rated US program that didn’t make it: Pushing Daisies
- Best low-rated US program that did make it: Mad Men
- Funniest US program: How I Met Your Mother
- Giving reality a good name: SYTYCD and The Amazing Race
- And a word about a few that aren’t working: Weeds, Bones, Grey’s Anatomy, and Dirty Sexy Money.
More words, pictures, videos, and links on this subject are posted here.