- Per tweet, people stand through the whole thing, from opening chord to closing greeting.
Glad I wore comfy shoes.
- There are far more people in the world than you’d think who know the words to every Carly Rae Jepsen song.
The whole thing was a grand singalong. I myself found that I knew the lyrics better than I realized. [I mean, I do have a few of her albums. I didn’t just randomly show up at this performance.]
- She does not end the show with “Call Me Maybe”.
She just throws it in there as song five.
- Nor does she end with “I Really Like You” (song 13).
The honour goes to: “Cut to the Feeling”.
- Per Jean, this was the greatest crowd to watch. He especially enjoyed as they evolved from the tentative, awkward standing to totally in-the-groove dancing along.
The overwhelming feeling was warmth. The Carly Rae Jepsen fan base might be small, but it’s passionate.
- We were among the oldest people there.
Although… Guess that wasn’t really a surprise.
So this was a September 18 concert at Centre in the Square, and it was a hoot. The opening act was Ralph, whom I hadn’t heard of before, but she was also rather fun. Cameras were allowed, but we didn’t bring one, so I’ll feature a photo from Centre in the Square:
- No Drug Like Me
- Run Away With Me
- Call Me Maybe
- Now That I Found You
- Gimmie Love
- Feels Right
- Want You in My Room
- Too Much
- I Really Like You
- Everything He Needs
- Boy Problems
- Party for One
- Let’s Get Lost
- Cut to the Feeling