Wish I’d thought of it, but thought I could at least share it…
This dessert was quick, easy, and (for a dessert) pretty healthy…
- Alternate slices of pear and avocado on a plate (about ½ each per person).
- If you have them, add some sliced strawberry on the edges. (We can still get local strawberries.)
I think blueberries sprinkled on would be nice as an alternative.
- Sprinkle each plate with about 1 Tbsp of blue cheese.
- Pour a little port over each plate.
- Grind on a bit of black pepper.
Sounds weird, but it was really quite delicious all together.
(Though keep in mind that I like all of those ingredients on their own as well. If you don’t… Your mileage on the taste front could vary.)