I’ve been doing “web stuff” a long time, and some of my old pages come up shockingly high in Google search results. For example, when searching on the best places to eat in Kitchener Waterloo, my page was sometimes on that first page of results. Despite the contents being increasingly out of date.
So I finally decided to write a new one, and post it here: Guide to dining in Waterloo region
It includes only independent restaurants and is based on my personal opinion that:
- Quality beats quantity
- Conversation is an important part of the dining experience
- So is wine (often)
It’s a longish page, but includes original photography, and the opportunity to find out:
- Where coffee and scotch come together at last, in a place that’s way too cool for me (but I go anyway)
- Which restaurants have lost my business for being too bloody noisy
- Which place’s sandwiches make me swoon (and I don’t even like sandwiches)
- Where to get good sushi (rather than all you can eat sushi)
- Why it’s sometimes worth the drive to Cambridge—or even Singhampton
And finally—RIP, Marisol. We’ll miss you.
But we look forward to hearing about chef Jeff Ward’s upcoming new venture in downtown Kitchener.